Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lunch at Mt. Lemmon

Mommy, Daddy, Aunt Christina, and I decided to get away from the heat and travel to Mt. Lemmon for lunch. This was my first time to Mt. Lemmon. Aunt Christina taught us that Mt. Lemmon is called a sky island. This is because the ecology of Mt. Lemmon is different from all of its surroundings. I slept all the way there. When I woke up, we were getting ready to eat at the Cookie Cabin. They only serve pizza so that's what we ate! Mommy was hoping to have soup and pie, but the restaurant she wanted to eat at was burned in a fire a few years ago. Mommy, Daddy, and Aunt Christina were impressed with how Summerhaven has bounced back from the fire. Our pizza was yummy, but afterwards we shared a very yummy dessert. Aunt Christina described it as being as big as her head. We ate a warm cookies topped with ice cream and whipped cream. It was so big that we didn't finish it. After lunch, we drove up to the ski lift. I rode the ski lift with Daddy to the top of the mountain and Mommy and Aunt Christina were on the chair in front of us. I rode without being to squirmy! Mommy and Daddy were quite sad after seeing all the burned trees from the fire years ago. There were some baby trees growing so sometime hopefully in my lifetime I will see green when I go to the top again. After the ski lift, we headed back home. I of course, took another nap:). Today was a fun and cool day. The weather was 72 at Mt. Lemmon which was 35 degrees cooler than in Tucson. We were pretty full from our lunch and dessert. I only ate a small snack for dinner. I can't wait to go back to the mountain again some time. Enjoy the photos from today.
Mmm...yummy dessert!

Aunt Christina, Daddy, and I enjoying our tasty treat

Daddy and I at Ski Valley, Mt. Lemmon

Mommy, Aunt Christina, and I at Ski Valley, Mt. Lemmon


Aunt Christina and I, self portrait in Mt. Lemmon
Aunt Christina, Daddy, and I waiting for our turn on the ski lift

Sitting on the top of the mountain :)

Walking hand in hand with Mommy and Daddy on the top of the mountain

The view from the top of the mountain looking at Tucson (so sad to see the burned trees)
Daddy and I on the ski lift

This is how I looked going and coming from Mt. Lemmon

No comments: