Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 2 - San Diego (fun at the beach)

Today was all about the beach and the ocean! We started with a yummy breakfast in the condo and a stroll on the boardwalk. I fell asleep on the stroll and stayed sleeping for a couple of hours. While I slept, Mommy, Daddy, Uncle Paul, and Grandpa went down to the beach and set up our spot! Mommy and Daddy came back upstairs to put their swimsuits on and sunscreen. By the time they were ready, I was up! They quickly got me ready and off to the beach we went. Mommy and Daddy couldn't wait to see how I would react to the sand and water. We went to the water and I stood in the wet sand. The first bit of water that wet my feet was really cold and didn't make me very happy. In fact, I only would stay out there if Mommy or Daddy were holding me. After the ocean experience, we went back to our shaded area and played in the sand. To everyone's surprise, I didn't try eating the sand. I had fun playing with all my sand toys. After playing in the sand for awhile, Mommy decided to take me back into the ocean. This time she held on to me as she walked a little farther into the ocean. I liked getting little splashes from the waves. Next thing Mommy knew, I was laughing and asking for more. Everyone came to join us in the ocean. Mommy was proud that she was the one who was able to get me to like the water and have fun in it! Mommy and my cousins, Joe, Jodi, and Gracie joined us for beach fun too! It was fun to play with Gracie who is 8 months old. She likes to eat the sand and I like to throw it. After playing on the beach, we went back to our condo and cooked out. Daddy and Joe were in charge of the grill! Gracie and I had fun playing together. Today was a blast! I can't wait to go to the beach again! Enjoy the fun pictures from today!

Posing in my favorite hiding spot of the condo
Always happy when Elmo is on the T.V.

Grandpa and I watching Elmo in the morning

Starting our morning stroll on the boardwalk (Grandpa, Uncle Paul, Nina Nina Dia, Mommy, and Me)

By the end of our walk, I was napping

Beach babe :)


Checking out the ocean with Uncle Paul and Grandpa

Ready to surf:)

The Hurley family beach vacation:)

Uncle Paul and Daddy introduced me to slimy seaweed

Daddy and I were playing with the sand toys

Unlce Paul and I had fun playing in the sand together

Mommy and I in the ocean

Daddy and I at the beach

Mommy and I playing in the waves

I lifted my feet at first when Mommy tried to put me in the water

Nina Nina Dia and I at the beach


I tried to pull Nina Nina Dia in the water with me

The water feels good on our feet

Yeah, let's go in farther:)

I tried to step on the waves:)

Grandpa and I walking in the ocean
Mommy, Uncle Paul, Grandpa and Me in the ocean

Gracie, Nina Nina Dia, Jodi, Mommy, and Me at the beach
Gracie and I in the ocean
Cousin Gracie and I had fun playing


Holding Gracie for a picture


Cute cousins playing

Here is a short video clip of a little game Mommy played with me to get me used to the ocean:)

No comments: