Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Sunday, March 14, 2010

My 2nd Birthday Party!

Mommy and Daddy had a family cookout to celebrate my 2nd birthday today. We are going to Disneyland next weekend for my actual birthday! The theme for my party was Mickey Mouse since that is who I will be visiting next Friday. I helped Mommy and Daddy get the house ready this morning. While Mommy took out the decorations, I pointed to the pictures and said, "Mickey, Minnie." Mommy was excited because this was the first time I had said their names and she knew that I was ready to see them in person later this week. When Mommy asked me this morning about Goofy, I replied, "Gaaasshhh!" This is my way of imitating Goofy when he says, "gwarsh." Again, this brought a smile to Mommy and Daddy's face. Around 11am Mommy told me that if I went down for an early nap that I would have a birthday party when I woke up. I went down for my nap with no problem! I slept for three hours and when I woke up, it was time for my birthday party! I was in a great mood which made Mommy and Daddy happy. I had a blast playing outside with my cousins at the party. I loved eating Mickey Mouse shaped chicken nuggets and I loved it when everyone sang to me. I even blew out my candle all by myself! What a great day! A BIG THANK YOU to everyone who came and helped me celebrate my second birthday! Mommy and Daddy can't believe they have a two year old! Stay tuned to see what adventures this year will bring. For now, scroll down through the pictures from my birthday party and enjoy!

Smiling like a big girl for Mommy before the party started

Saying, "cheese" for Mommy with a beautiful pose and smile:)

Cousin Allison had fun playing with Cousins Rick and Cheryl

My proud Mommy and Daddy

Mommy and Daddy made yummy cupcakes and decorated for the Mickey Mouse theme

It wouldn't be a birthday party if I didn't pass out my own cupcakes (Thanks again Aunt Amy for the awesome cupcake set!)

My cousins, Joe and Gracie enjoying some yummy food and the nice weather

The birthday girl eating her yummy lunch

Cousin Allison trying chicken nuggets for the first time:)

I tried to help Gracie put her Mickey ears on

Then I tried to help Allison with her Mickey ears

Cutie pie Allison chewing on the bottle of bubbles from her bucket!


Allison and me having fun in the backyard with our Mickey ears on! Getting both of us to look at the camera at the same time isn't so easy these days.

Getting all three cousins to look at the camera at the same time was even more difficult! We were having too much fun playing!

Cutie pie Gracie with her Mickey ears

Aunt Stacie and Me taking a self portrait! We are both March babies, Yay!

Showing off what a big girl I am by climbing the stairs of the slide all by myself

Getting ready to go down the slide all by myself

I am a big girl now and can slide down all by myself!

Allison was happy as she entertained herself by playing with all her goodies from her bucket.

Allison had fun sliding with the help of Aunt Stacie and Grammy Linda

I wanted to slide down with Allison, but we ended up going one at a time!

I've been waiting all day to have a cake-cake(my way of saying cupcake)

I clapped as everyone sang Happy Birthday to me!


Allison(far right), Gracie (center), and Me loved hearing everyone sing!


After I blew out the candle by myself, Mommy unwrapped my cupcake and I stuck my mouth right into the center of the cupcake! Allison watched closely so she would know what to do with her cupcake.

Yummy this is good!

My messy cupcake face and Allison's beginning of a messy face

Allison stuffing cupcake in her face her Mommy, my Aunt Stacie, just smiles:)

Excited to finally open presents!



Allison helped me open my presents

Each outfit I go, I showed and modeled how it would look to everyone at the party:). Mommy thinks it's too cute not to mention it!

I think I am actually getting a little overwhelmed and tired from this party. Think I'll take a little break on my new beach chair from Uncle Paul.

Future softball player? Showing off my new bat and ball from Aunt Stacie, Uncle Kenny, and Allison

These birthday bags make great purses too!

Gracie and Me taking a little break on the beach chairs. We are practicing for San Diego this summer!


Aunt Stacie snapped the single shot where all three cousins were looking the same way! Mommy stole it from Aunt Stacie to put in my blog:)!

Our 2 year old birthday girl!

Allison ready to crawl through the tunnel

Me getting ready to crawl as fast as I can through the tunnel

Gracie thinking about crawling through the tunnel. Allison, Mommy, and I tried everything we could to get Gracie to crawl through, but it didn't work. Maybe next time!

1 comment:

elaine said...

wow! what a fun birthday! You are such a cutie pie, Caitlin.