Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The first day of our first Hurley family vacation

We left today for California. This is the first trip that I am taking with just Mommy and Daddy! I did great on our road trip! Thanks to the dvd player, I was pretty occupied most of the time. My favorite movie is Elmo in Grouchland. Nothing can distract me from the screen when this movie is on. Mommy and Daddy think it is cute when I imitate Elmo in the movie and yell, "blanket!" Mommy and Daddy almost have this movie memorized because it is definitely my #1 choice for road trips. I loved it when we checked into our hotel and I was free from the carseat. The first thing I did was put my sunglasses on and check out the pool from our room window. We ate dinner at the famous Chicken Dinner Restaurant in Knott's Berry Farm. I slept through the first part of dinner, but I sure liked what I ate when I woke up. We walked around the shops afterwards and enjoyed the great weather. Driving back to our hotel, we took a detour and drove to Huntington Beach! It was cold, but fun to see so many people enjoying fires on the beach and seeing the waves of water! I didn't touch the water, but I touched the sand and it was cold:). When we started walking on the sand, I told Mommy and Daddy, "beach." Mommy and Daddy said I was right and they were surprised because they never told me beach before we arrived. We then headed home for a good night sleep because tomorrow we are celebrating my 2nd birthday in Disneyland! Enjoy our photos from today and stay tuned to see what happens on the rest of our vacation!
Time for a cold drink:)

Mommy and Daddy loe this picture of their cool California girl

I am not so sure I am ready for dinner after waking up from my nap (notice my hair is quite messy too)

Role reversal: Daddy is eating with his hands and I am using a fork:)

Mommy and Me at dinner

Daddy, Me, and a big chicken

I had energy when we got home and decided to color like a big girl

I love coloring! At home I don't get to lay on the bed and color, but I do in the hotel room:)

No comments: