Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Playing hide and seek a little too long

This afternoon I gave Nana a scare, but I didn't mean to. Here is what happened. Nana went to my room to change Allison. She called for Nina Nina Dia to refill the baby wipes as Allison's diaper was a pretty good one. Uncle Kenny came home at the same time and went into my room to see Allison. When all three adults and Allison came out of the room, they noticed that the house was too silent. They called for me, but I didn't answer loud enough for them to hear me. They started to search the house for me and couldn't find me. They immediately checked the backyard and the pool, but there was no Me. Uncle Kenny went out the door and searched our street, but still no Me. Mommy came home and Nana told her that they couldn't find me. Mommy ran through the house, looking under beds and in closets, but didn't find me. Mommy ran outside yelling my name, looking for me in the front yards of our neighbors, but had no luck finding me. Uncle Kenny went back inside and started turning the house inside out, but still couldn't find me. Poor Nana was shaken up and Mommy was in disbelief. At this point, Uncle Kenny called 911 to report me missing. Mommy drove around the neighborhood looking for me and had no luck. While Mommy was driving, Nana called to tell her that I had been found. Any guesses......................the pantry! When the cop and Uncle Kenny opened the door I was happily playing with the straws and didn't seem to care that everyone else was crying tears of joy. Four cop cars were at our house within seconds. Everyone is thankful for their quick response and happy that I was okay. The cops did tell us that this isn't uncommon, but it usually occurs with 4 and 5 year olds. Aunt Stacie came and told me that I should tell someone when I am going to play hide and seek. I was "missing" for 13 minutes and it seemed like an eternity to everyone. Mommy was so relieved that I was in the house and not found hiding outside somewhere. I am very sorry that I scared everyone and I will tell someone the next time I want to play hide and seek. Once everyone settled down we had dinner together and Allison and I played. I even helped give Allison a bath in the big bathtub. This is a day that Mommy and Nana won't let me forget. Daddy didn't find out about this until he came home from his game in Rio Rico. Sorry for scaring everyone. Mommy doesn't have photos of me hiding, but she does have photos of the evening after I was found.
Uncle Kenny and Allison getting ready to roll the ball to me down the hallway

I took out my light saber to show Uncle Kenny what a great Jedi I am

Helping Aunt Stacie give Allison a bath in the tub (I liked putting bubbles on her)

Helping wash Allison's hair with more bubbles!

1 comment:

Cheryl Gabusi said...

Oh the memories...I loved this story, must have been a long 13 minutes. I'm glad your happy ending was hiding in the pantry. Love Cheryl