Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My First Birthday!

A year ago today at 7:08am I came into the world weighing 6lbs. 14oz. and was 19 inches long. Today I weigh 20lbs. 14oz(with all my clothes on) and measure 29 1/2 inches tall. I have changed so much in a year. At my one year check up today the doctor told Mommy and Daddy that I can sit facing forward in my carseat, I can drink cow's milk, I will get shots in the arm now, I no longer have to get completely naked on the scale, I can eat anything but peanut butter, and I can start to be weaned from the bottle. With all of that information, Mommy and Daddy felt like they no longer were holding a baby, but instead a little girl! No matter what though, I know I'll always be their baby girl!

Here are some of my favorite things to do these days:
~ play with anything that has buttons where I can push them and make something happen
~ help Mommy and Daddy get me dressed and undressed
~ give love to anything that I am holding by tilting my head toward it and smiling
~ swing on my swing
~ walking with someone holding my hands
~ chasing and being chased (the I'm going to get you game)
~ drinking out of a straw
~ pulling the bows out of my hair and then babbling at them
~ giving kisses
~ waving hello and goodbye at anyone
~ pretending to talk on the phone
~ dancing to any music I hear
~ learning to sign (so far I can do milk and baby)
~ pointing at objects to tell someone what I want
~ opening books and looking at all the pictures
~ being read to
~ playing with all my fun toys

There are many more I could add to this list, but I think you get the picture that I love being Mommy and Daddy's little girl! Today was a fun day! After my doctor's appointment, I went home and played with Daddy while Mommy went to a wedding rehearsal. We all had lunch together and then I went to Nana and Poppy's for the night! I got to watch basketball and eat pizza with my Nana, Poppy, and Grandpa Corkey while Mommy and Daddy had a rehearsal dinner to go to. I spent the night at Nana and Poppy's and had such a great time that I slept through the night for 13 hours! Mommy and Daddy were able to get a good night sleep too! This year has been so much fun, but Mommy and Daddy know the fun is just going to get better as time keeps going by! Enjoy some of my pictures from the day!

March 19, 2008

March 19, 2009 ~ Look who is 1!

Trying out my new tricycle (Thanks Melisa, Jeff, Pete, and Elisa)

Showing off my tricycle

Playing and being silly with the lid from my Fisher-Price cookie jar

Opening presents (Thanks Amy, Sam, and Corinna)

Looking at the beautiful artwork that my friend Corinna made for me

Opening my present from Aunt Barbara and Michael

No comments: