Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My First Visit To Disneyland

I woke up around 6:30 this morning when I heard Mommy and Nana getting ready. Mommy knew I needed more sleep so she took me to the next room to sleep more with Daddy! I woke up around 8:15am! It was great timing. Mommy dressed me and then I ate some cheerios and banana for breakfast. I drank my milk and ate more of my cheerios as we walked to Disneyland. My eyes were big with all there was to look at as we entered Disneyland. The first thing we did was have a group photo taken in front of the Mickey flowers. Mommy says it's a tradition to take our picture there. Next, we went to City Hall to tell them I was there for my 1st visit. They gave me a special pin to wear and they gave everyone with me a celebrating pin. We then walked down Main Street towards Sleeping Beauty's Castle. Fantasyland was not very busy and the lines for the rides were very short. We took full advantage of this. We started by riding the Pinocchio ride. Mommy was curious to see how I would react in the dark parts of the ride or the scarier parts of the ride. The darkness didn't bother me at all and since I don't really know what scary is, nothing about the ride seemed scary to me. I liked the ride. When we got out of the ride, I saw King Arthur's Carousel. I am a pro at riding carousels, so I knew just what to do when Daddy and I picked out our horse. After the carousel, we rode the tea cups. Mommy and Daddy didn't spin the wheel, but I tried to. Next came Nana's favorite ride, It's a Small World. I enjoyed clapping to the music and started moving my head from side to side along with the beat of the music. This is similar to how Mommy reacted to this ride the first time she rode it. Mommy bobbed her head up and down like the dolls and I tilted my head side to side. We then went to Toontown! I liked this town because everything was my size. We went to visit Mickey Mouse at his house. I liked walking through his house. I was getting a little tired by this point and Mommy and Daddy wondered if I would fall asleep before meeting Mickey. I didn't fall asleep. I looked at Mickey the same way I looked at Minnie. After meeting Mickey it was time for lunch. We ate at the Golden Horseshoe where there was a little show. I loved the yummy food and the show! I clapped to the beat and laughed at the silly people in the show. After lunch we went and saw the birds in the Tiki Room. When the birds started singing, I started to do the chicken dance. We then rode the Jungle Cruise ride and saw all the animals. I feel asleep on Daddy after the Jungle Cruise. We went on the Pirates of the Caribbean, but I slept through the entire ride. Daddy was a little bummed because that is his favorite ride. Nina Karen watched me while I slept and everyone else rode some other rides. When I woke up, I was happy and ready to ride some more. I kept pointing at the rocket ride so that is what we rode next. On the way to the ride, I met Mary Poppins. Nina Nina Dia, Mommy, and I all rode the same rocket. It was a fun ride! After the rockets, it was almost time for the parade. We had a great spot for the parade. When the parade started I was clapping to the music and pointing at the characters. The theme of the parade was Celebrate. The dancers in the parade asked Mommy and I to participate by doing the twist with Pluto. Mommy and I also participated by joining the conga line. A dancer from the parade also brought me a drum to make music with as part of the parade. My first Disneyland parade and I was a part of it! Oh how fun! After the parade, we had dinner and rode the Pirates of the Caribbean again. This time I was awake! I liked the boat ride and the music of course. Afterwards, we decided that we had done a lot for our first of three days at Disneyland. The park closed at 9 and we left around 8. Everyone was so proud of how well I behaved today! I had a blast and can't wait to go back tomorrow. The weather forecast predicted 40% chance of rain today. It started to sprinkle on us as we got to our hotel. We were able to see the fireworks from our hotel! When we got to the room, I got a second burst of energy. We all had fun talking about our day. I finally fell asleep around 11pm. Enjoy the pictures from today!

Ready for Disneyland with some snacks for the walk

Running through the entrance like all the other children

Nina Nina, Nana, Nino Joe, Grandpa, Daddy, Me, Mommy, Nina Nina Dia, and Nina Karen all together for my first visit to Disneyland

Daddy, Mommy, and Me

Nino Joe, Grandpa, and Me on Main Street

Better viewing from Daddy's shoulders

Sitting in one of the cars from Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Sitting with Daddy and pretending to drive

Nina Nina Dia likes carousels like I do

Daddy and Me on the carousel

Trying to spin the wheel in the tea cup

Daddy and Me on the tea cups. Grandpa was in the tea cup next to us.

Clapping after riding the tea cups

Nana and Me on the boat for It's a Small World (notice my snack cup was with me for the ride)

Nino Joe, Nina Karen, Daddy, Grandpa, Nina Nina, and Nina Nina Dia waving to me on our boat

Nana, Mommy, and Me on It's a Small World

Three Generations walking to Toontown, Grandpa, Daddy, and Me

Daddy, Mommy, Mickey, and Me

Nino Joe, Daddy, Me, Mickey, Mommy, and Nina Karen

Watching the birds sing in the Tiki Room

Looking at all the animals on the Jungle Cruise with Daddy and Grandpa

Napping on Daddy while waiting to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean. His face is bummed because I am not awake for his favorite ride.

Taking a nice nap in my stroller

Daddy, Grandpa, and Me in New Orleans Square

Talking to the Disneyland ducks

My Mickey Mouse shaped pretzel! Everywhere we looked we saw Mickey!

Mommy and Me with Mary Poppins and Bert

Nina Nina Dia, Mommy, and Me on the rockets

Clapping after the ride because I like it!

Nino Joe, Nina Karen, Nina Nina Dia, and Grandpa helped save our spots for the parade

Nothing better than eating a churro with my Nina Karen while waiting for the parade to start

I wanted to sit on the curb like I saw everyone else doing who was waiting for the parade

The whole gang at the parade

Giving Daddy love before the parade

Look closely and you will find Mommy and Me dancing with Pluto during the parade

Mommy and I were making music with our drum during the parade

Daddy and Me playing with my light up ghost before riding Pirates of the Caribbean

Walking down Main Street with Daddy as we leave for the day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved the Disneyland pictures, brings back memories of taking Hannah for the first time. I'm glad you were able to share your day with all your family. Love Cheryl