Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Monday, October 19, 2009

19 Months Old!

I am 19 months old today! Mommy read in the baby book that at this age it is normal for a toddler to "say little and understand all." Mommy and Daddy think that quote describes me! I sign and say a few words, but I respond to all the directions that are said to me. I help Mommy put my blankets away or put dirty clothes in the hamper even if she asks me to from a different room. On most days, I still take two naps a day. I like to sleep and take naps like my Mommy. At bedtime, I love to be read to and usually ask to be put in my crib. I go down for the night with little or no fussiness. As a 19 month old, I have developed many favorites. I have put them into categories for you below! Enjoy reading about what Mommy and Daddy's favorite little 19 month old likes to do!

My favorite activities include but aren't limited to:
Going to my movers and shakers class, stretching exercises, playing with Allison, playing outside, climbing everything, imitating people, playing with my cookie jar shape sorter, mimicking animal sounds, dancing the Chicken Dance, sitting in the driver's seat and pretending to drive with Uncle Kenny or anyone else who will let me, playing catch (I throw the ball, but I don't catch it yet), looking and pretending to read books by myself, being read to, trying to be more independent by feeding myself and wanting to brush my teeth by myself, setting out objects and then counting them by pointing to each object.

My favorite books include but aren't limited to:
The Foot Book, The Going to Bed Book, Corduroy, Any Halloween book, any counting book, peek-a-boo books

My favorite foods include but aren't limited to:
Chicken, mac n' cheese, grilled cheese sandwich, any type of fruit, spaghetti, noodles, peas, rice, cheerios, goldfish crackers, french fries(when Mommy and Daddy share theirs)
***I have also learned that dipping food in ketchup or other sauce can be quite tasty!***

Newly learned tricks:
blowing into a whistle and making the whistle sound, making silly sounds with my mouth and tongue(Mommy hopes to catch this on video soon to share with you)

These are just a few of my favorite things! Enjoy the photos below from today!
I love driving with Uncle Kenny!

Uncle Kenny held me up through the sun roof to feel the cool breeze blowing through my hair!

Daddy's little helper - I used to not care for the vacuum and now I like to help vacuum, which makes Mommy and Daddy smile!

No comments: