Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

17 months old!

Seventeen months ago today Mommy and Daddy got to hold me for the first time! They still love holding me and cuddling with me, but I have grown and changed so much from when they first met me! It seems like each day I am doing something new that amazes Mommy and Daddy. I am such an easy going little girl that I have spoiled Mommy and Daddy. I like to be in bed by 8pm, sometimes earlier. I usually sleep 11-12 hours a night and have lately been taking two naps during the day. I love helping Nana babysit my cousin Allison. I love to put my finger over my mouth and say ,"sss" when I see Allison or anyone else sleeping. I like to shake my head to say no,no,no when Allison is crying. I love being a big cousin! I am mimicking everything these days! I try and mimic sounds that people make or their actions. I especially like to mimic Mommy's dance moves which of course makes Mommy smile big:). One of my favorite songs is the Chicken Dance. I like to play the chicken, start the dance, and then look around to make sure everyone is dancing. I also like to dance to Row,Row,Row your boat and If you're happy and you know it...... If I hear music, you can be sure that I will be dancing to it. I like to march and try to pick my knees up as high as possible. I like to play tag and run. I have been more interested with balls lately and my golf set. Mommy and Daddy are pretty impressed by how far I can hit the ball. I can say mama, dada, and ball, but I sign most of the things I want. Some of my favorite signs are mama, daddy, more, eat, milk, potty, and apple. Tonight Mommy read a book that had apples in it and every time she said apple or I saw a picture of one, I signed for apple. A big thanks to my cousin Amy who likes to come over and teach me new signs when she visits. I am becoming a little more independent as I grow older. I like to feed myself more than before. Bath time is my time to shine. Once I help Mommy and Daddy take my clothes off, I have established a routine that Mommy caught on video. I walk over to my hamper and put my dirty clothes away, they have to be in the hamper all the way or I open the lid and try it again. Then I look at Mommy and Daddy to give me a washcloth for the bath. I walk to the bath and throw the washcloth in the tub. Once I get in the tub, I have started to try and wash by myself. I love to wash my belly and have started to try to wash my legs by myself. I also love to give kisses! I love my Elmo kisses book and when I read it I like to make the "muah" sound as I kiss Elmo. I also say "muah" when blowing kisses. Allison probably gets the most kisses from me as we play together all day. This is just a sample of what I like to do as a toddler these days. Enjoy the video clip below of my bath routine!

1 comment:

Braedon Elmer said...

wow she's growing up so quickly! she's a big helper! I remember when Kayli cleaned her whole room by herself at 18 mos, she did not like her room messy! She's adorable!