Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Monday, October 27, 2008

Mommy and Daddy's little trooper

I had surgery today to remove my ear tags on my left ear. This meant that I could have nothing to eat after 3 this morning and nothing to drink after 7am. Mommy and Daddy were nervous wondering if I would wake up hungry this morning and they wouldn't be able to give me anything. Well, so far I have proven that I am a champ! Mommy and Daddy woke me up at 2:30 this morning to feed me so that I would hopefully not wake up hungry. I ate and went right back to sleep until about 6:45. Mommy and Daddy did all they could to distract me from wanting to eat. Luckily, I was very playful and didn't show any hunger signs. On the way to the hospital, Mommy thought I would get hungry, but I again proved her wrong. I had to wait with Mommy and Daddy for a little over an hour in the little patient room, but I was perfect! I smiled with all the nurses, played with a TMC turtle that the nurses gave me, read a book, and even took a little nap. I never once cried. When it was time for the nurses to take me, Mommy and Daddy gave me a big kiss and I went right along with the nurses. Mommy cried a little, but smiled when she saw that I was laughing with the nurses as they walked away with me. Approximately 45 minutes later, the doctor came out to tell Mommy and Daddy how well the surgery went. I don't even have stitches. I have a little butterfly bandage where they cut off the ear tags. The doctor said that I would probably be a little fussy while in recovery and it could last for 15-20 minutes, but I again proved them wrong. When Mommy and Daddy were able to see me I was smiling and quite alert. I cried very little, drank some water, and was ready to be on my way home. Mommy dressed me in a cute pink outfit with a matching bow and I went out into the lobby smiling! On the way home I didn't fuss at all. I have been playful since I have been home. Mommy and Daddy know that the numbness might wear off, but they have some medicine if that happens! Today was a big day for me, but Mommy and Daddy are proud of their little trooper!
This hat is funny!


Happy with my TMC turtle while waiting for surgery


Before surgery


After surgery

At home playing with balloons that Grandpa gave me after surgery



2 comments:

elaine said...

glad your surgery went well!

Corinna said...

You are amazing! Your mommy and daddy are so lucky to have such a happy baby.