Photo of the week!

Photo of the week!
3 year photo shoot

Saturday, August 28, 2010

A night with birds, beetles, and other desert wildlife

Tonight was teacher appreciation night at the Desert Museum! Mommy, Daddy, and I went to check it out. It was a nice long drive across town, but I liked driving up and down through the mountains and saying "weeeeee." We all enjoyed watching the rain fall on the mountains in the distance. When we got off the car at the museum, Mommy decided to take her umbrella just in case. It was a good thing she did because 5 steps away from the car it started raining. The rain didn't start as a drizzle, it just poured on us from the start! Mommy got wet, but Daddy and I stayed pretty dry:). Within 10 minutes the rain stopped and made the weather perfect for the evening. We went looking for the tortoises, but they were all hiding from the rain. We saw a bird show and I loved watching the birds swoop right over my head. Mommy wishes she could capture my excitement in a bottle. We also saw lots of different kinds of beetles. Daddy and I held some of the beetles. One of the beetles even, "flew on my shirt!" I tried to quickly shoo the bug away, but Daddy rescued the beetle before I accidentally killed it. We didn't walk through the whole museum because it was dark and some of the paths were too muddy for Mommy and ME:). I did enjoy seeing the Gila Monster close up and other desert creatures. We also enjoyed a yummy dinner with Mommy's friends, Robin and Jennifer. I mostly ran around the dinner table and entertained everyone while they ate:). What a fun night at the Desert Museum. I love animals! Maybe we'll go back their soon. Enjoying the museum in the evening is awesome! I was asleep before we were out of the parking lot! Enjoy the photos!
Me and my baby ready to go to the desert museum

Mommy, me, and my baby

Future scientist looking closely at a Moon rock with my very own magnifying glass
Our little desert tortoise
"Don't get me" is what I said when the bird was flying over me
I never took my eyes of any of the birds throughout the entire show
The Harris Hawk is one of the birds that flew right over me. He was able to open a lunch box to get a snack out!
After the bird show, we checked out the beetles. Daddy and I took very close looks at these silly creatures.
Daddy holding a rhinoceros beetle. Notice my hand is out waiting for my turn to hold the beetle.
Now look at where my hand is now. It's better to just look and let Daddy hold the beetle.

A close up look at the rhinoceros beetle

Mommy snapped this photo of Daddy and I walking on the path. Mommy loves that I am looking up at my tall Daddy.

"Look Daddy he's sleeping!" Mommy loves my excitement towards animals.

Taking a ride on the baby javelina before leaving the museum

I told my baby all about the fun we had when we got into the car and then fell fast asleep.

No comments: